Junior PHP Developer - South Shore, Montreal
Visual Knowledge ShareApply Now
VKS Ltd (vksapp.com) is seeking a talented, passionate, roll-up-your-sleeves, hands-on Junior PHP Developer.
You will join the development team of about ten developers and will work on developing and improving the features of the VKS application. Your job will be enriching, dynamic and challenging. We have a passionate and dedicated team, and offer a respectful and healthy work environment.
- Develop and maintain clean, efficient, secure, and well-engineered back-end code that conforms with accepted standards.
- Produce detailed specifications for each new feature or enhancement.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with team members.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process and software improvements and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Identify new technologies that can improve product development and the user experience.
- Work closely with databases.
- Build and maintain unit tests.
- Design and create web services for front-end use and integration with other systems.
- Ensure that customer issues and technology failures are detected, isolated, and resolved rapidly, and prevented from happening again.
- Create and adhere to timelines for multiple projects and stakeholders.
Skills & Requirements
- A college (CEGEP) or bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ months of work experience as a software developer.
- Experience with coding in PHP.
- Experience with any application framework: Symfony, Laravel, Zend, CakePHP, etc.
- Have detail-oriented and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to do self-training.
- Ability to work independently while participating actively in an Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Strong organization skills, self-motivated, team player, multi-tasking capability.
- You are satisfied only when things are perfect.
- Preference given to bilingual (English and French, spoken and written) candidates
What other companies call this role:
- Junior Back-End developer
- Junior Full Stack PHP developer
- Junior Full Stack programmer
- Junior Software developer
- Web Developer
Location: Chateauguay, Quebec
Start date: As soon as possible
Indemnities: To be discussed
Work Schedule: 40 hours/week, flexible
Can’t wait to hear from you
Come create with us, email your resume to: email@example.com.
Benefits of working with VKS
- Health Care Insurance
- Indoor Gym
- Workout classes (Bootcamp, Yoga, Spinning, etc.)
- Certified personal trainer & kinesiologist
- Health check up: Blood testing, vaccination etc.
- Beach volleyball court
- Team building activities
- Sport activities such as hockey or badminton
- And more....