Junior Software Tester - South Shore, Montreal
Visual Knowledge ShareApply Now
VKS Ltd (vksapp.com) is seeking a talented and passionate Junior Software Tester for a permanent position in their Quality Assurance department.
While occupying the position of Junior Software Tester, you will be tasked with testing all aspects of the VKS software, and helping us ensure that we deliver a quality product every release.
The ideal candidate must have demonstrable experience in online software testing, and be prepared to work in a fast pace, yet stimulating environment.
- Develop testing strategies and analysis for the VKS software.
- Perform manual tests, report problems encountered, verify defects when fixed, and document test procedures to verify problem fixes.
- Setup and maintain various test environments.
- Produce and maintain documentation, logs and reports of issues encountered.
- Design test scenarios.
- Write and maintain all test scripts.
- Investigate and assist developers in fixing bugs.
- Collaborate with developers in delivering high quality products on schedule.
- Continually improve and maintain the test suites current as the product evolves.
- Follow up on priorities in bug resolutions.
- Participate in release planning.
- Report and follow up on issues.
- Participate in recording test cases with Selenium WDS.
- Review product requirements on early project phase, analyze associated risks and establish testing procedures.
Skills & Requirements
- Post-secondary education diploma in Computer Science or a related field.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in a similar position.
- Experience creating and executing software / hardware tests.
- Sense of initiative and innovation.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Quick learning mindset in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Experience in Agile / Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with TestRail or other test case management tool.
- Knowledge of Jira.
- Strong sense of responsibility and commitment.
- Knowledge of all browser types and their various idiosyncrasies. The same applies to
- devices (PCs, tablets, phones), and input and interaction methods (touchscreen, mouse,
- keyboard, voice, etc.).
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage assigned work to critical project timelines in a
- fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Preference given to bilingual (English and French, spoken and written) candidates.
- Knowledge of scripting languages, such as Java, Python, Bash, etc. (optional).
What other companies call this role:
- Application Tester
- QA Tester
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Quality Assurance Tester
- Web Application Tester
Location: Chateauguay, Quebec
Start date: As soon as possible
Indemnities: To be discussed
Work Schedule: 40 hours/week, flexible
Can’t wait to hear from you
Come create with us, email your resume to: email@example.com.
Benefits of working with VKS
- Health Care Insurance
- Indoor Gym
- Workout classes (Bootcamp, Yoga, Spinning, etc.)
- Certified personal trainer & kinesiologist
- Health check up: Blood testing, vaccination etc.
- Beach volleyball court
- Team building activities
- Sport activities such as hockey or badminton
- And more....