Linux Software Deployment Specialist - South Shore, Montreal
Visual Knowledge ShareApply Now
We are looking for a Linux Software Deployment Specialist to join our rapidly growing team of professionals. As a Deployment Specialist, your principal task will be performing the deployment of software builds to our SaaS environment and to on-premise customers.
While playing this crucial role in our organization, you will be challenged to improve the deployment and upgrade processes. You will also be tasked with customizing installations at customer sites, providing system level technical support, and managing customer requests (using ZenDesk).
In addition to the elements above, you will also be required to take on certain DevOps style tasks, such as helping build and maintain our production infrastructure and also creating tools for the development process.
Your mission… If you choose to accept it.
Manage customer installations, upgrades and SaaS deployments.
- Coordinate the installation and deployment dates with customers;
- Perform or assist in on-site software installations;
- Keep records on each customer installation;
- Create and maintain detailed deployment documentation.
Provide assistance on server-related issues.
- Help customers troubleshoot server-related issues;
- Ensure the proper tracking of technical events on the systems through ZenDesk and Jira;
- Provide a high standard of assistance to our customers’ technical teams.
Contribute to the development and innovation of our infrastructure.
- Improve the performance and reliability of software builds and deployment strategies;
- Design, configure and maintain tools for generating, deploying, and monitoring software builds.
Who you are
Your work experience:
- 3 years work experience in a similar position;
- Experience with remote customer support.
- Degree or diploma in computer science or a related field;
- Strong background in Linux (CentOS, Red Hat) and command line tools;
- Knowledgeable on Windows servers.
Your software and technical experience:
- Experienced with VMWare ESXi, and other virtualization platforms;
- Experienced with networking (TCP/IP, VPN, etc.);
- Experienced with configuration management software such as GIT;
- Experienced with enterprise-level security;
- Experienced with monitoring technologies;
- Experienced with cloud-based hosting and private cloud solutions;
- Experienced with backing up and synchronizing large volumes of data between servers;
- Experienced with scripting (e.g. Linux shell scripting, Perl, Python, etc.);
- Experienced with DevOps technologies (e.g. Containers, Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, etc.).
What you're good at
- Written and oral communications in both English and French (bilingual proficient prefered);
- Analysing and solving problems;
- Working with customers;
- Collaborating with the team;
- Organization and planning;
- Taking part in office life;
- Being autonomous and dynamic.
Why you want to work here
- Knowledgeable and highly-skilled team;
- Great work-life balance;
- Competitive salaries and advantages;
- Gym on site;
- Team activities;
- Free coffee.
- Position: Permanent
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Indemnities: To be discussed
- Work schedule: 40 hours/week, flexible
- Place of work: 1241 Cascades St., Chateauguay, Quebec, Canada J6J 4Z2
Can’t wait to hear from you
Come create with us, email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of working with VKS
- Health Care Insurance
- Indoor Gym
- Workout classes (Bootcamp, Yoga, Spinning, etc.)
- Certified personal trainer & kinesiologist
- Health check up: Blood testing, vaccination etc.
- Beach volleyball court
- Team building activities
- Sport activities such as hockey or badminton
- And more....