Scrum Master - South Shore, Montreal
Visual Knowledge ShareApply Now
We are looking for a Scrum Master to join our growing team of professionals. As a Scrum Master, your principal task will be to ensure that the team follows Agile values, principles, processes, and practices. You will play a key role in the team, and also have the responsibility of overseeing that goals are achieved and obstacles are identified and addressed.
Your mission… If you choose to accept it.
- Work collaboratively with Product Owners, Business Analysts, and Development Teams to support development and software delivery;
- Ensure the team is working efficiently towards sprint goals;
- Identify and clear obstacles;
- Establish an environment where the team can be effective;
- Motivate the team into acting as a self-organizing unit;
- Protect the team from outside interruptions and distractions;
- Quantify disruptions;
- Challenge priorities;
- Ensure the team is practicing the core Agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility;
- Organize and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos, and other Scrum related meetings;
- Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools and best practices;
- Mentor and coach the team on product backlog estimation and acceptance criteria definition;
- Lead continuous refinement and prioritization of the product backlog;
- Ensure requests from retrospectives are listened to and some of the requests are implemented to improve performance.
Who you are
Your work experience:
- 4+ years of experience in software development, which should include 2 years
experience as a:
- Scrum Master or
- Agile Coach or
- Project pilot/coordinator in an Agile environment.
- Experience in dealing with technological debt.
- 4+ years of experience in software development, which should include 2 years experience as a:
- Degree or diploma in computer science or a related field;
Your technical experience:
- A thorough understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and processes;
- Experience working with an Agile methodology on medium to large scale, technically complex projects;
- Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, and similar software.
- Having a Scrum Master Certification (CSM or PSM I or CSP).
What you're good at
- Written and oral communication skills in both English and French (bilingual proficiency required);
- Ensure a collaborative culture exists within the team;
- Conflict resolution and transforming conflict situations into opportunities for reflection and learning;
- Organization and planning;
- Being proactive;
- Taking part in office life.
Why you want to work here
- Knowledgeable and highly-skilled team;
- Training and certifications;
- Great work-life balance;
- Competitive salaries and advantages;
- Gym on site;
- Creativity and passion;
- Exciting and challenging environment;
- Team activities;
- Cafeteria service;
- Free parking;
- … and obviously, free coffee.
This job is also called
- Project manager
- Position: Permanent
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Salary: To be discussed
- Work schedule: 40 hours/week, flexible
- Place of work: 1241 Cascades St., Chateauguay, Quebec, Canada J6J 4Z2
Can’t wait to hear from you
Come create with us, email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of working with VKS
- Health Care Insurance
- Indoor Gym
- Workout classes (Bootcamp, Yoga, Spinning, etc.)
- Certified personal trainer & kinesiologist
- Health check up: Blood testing, vaccination etc.
- Beach volleyball court
- Team building activities
- Sport activities such as hockey or badminton
- And more....