Automated Test Developer
Visual Knowledge Share Ltd is looking for an Automated Test Developer to accelerate the testing of the VKS software suite. As an active member of the VKS team, you will be called upon to create, improve, and maintain all automated tests.
We are looking for a motivated, hard-working, resourceful individual who has excellent investigative and troubleshooting skills, communication and interpersonal skills, and is also a strong team player. Your work will be dynamic and stimulating, and will be done in a respectful and healthy work environment.
- Collaborate with the QA & Dev teams to design and implement the necessary tools for test automation, which can support component-level testing as well as full-blown system-level end to end regression testing;
- Analyze the functional requirements of upcoming features to plan and develop the automated tests that cover the main test cases;
- Interpret functional requirements to plan and develop automated tests and data validations;
- Report problems/defects and improvement ideas in Jira;
- Follow up on reported issues;
- Apply quality assurance best practices;
- Produce test reports and KPIs that confirm coverage and identify pass/fail results;
- Setup and maintain various test environments;
- Identify automated test cases that in Testrail;
- Ensure that all deliverables meet quality objectives in functionality, performance, stability, security, accessibility and data quality.
- Provide feedback into the software's design so the Dev team produce a more test-friendly product;
- Provide work breakdown and estimates (times, resources) for tasks on agreed scope and development milestones in order to meet overall project timelines.
- A college or bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent technology discipline;
- 3 years of experience in Java programming with 2 years of experience in QA test automation, or
- 2 years of experience in Java programming with 4 years of experience in QA test automation;
- Experience using test automation tools, like Selenium and Jmeter;
- Experience in developing and maintaining automated test suites;
- Experience using tools such as GitHub, Docker, Jenkins and Postman.
- Experience with SQL databases (MySQL, PostGreSQL, etc.);
- Experience with collaboration tools, such as Confluence, Jira, and Google Docs;
- Good Linux experience (we mainly use Ubuntu and CentOS);
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment;
- Professional proficiency in French and English, both oral and written.
- It's a plus if you also have experience with…
- REST Assured (Java)
- Have a sense of initiative, and be self-directed and self-motivated;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work on several projects at the same time;
- Ability and willingness to learn other technologies and new ways of doing things;
- Ability to adapt and master a mix of rapidly changing environments;
- Ability to work independently or in a team;
- Be a good negotiator while keeping an open mind;
- Be critical while being constructive;
- Pay attention to details (visual, functional, and others) and be able to suggest corrections or improvements;
- Be organized and know how to manage your time well;
- Demonstrates responsibility and commitment;
- Have a positive attitude.
What we offer
- Knowledgeable and highly-skilled team;
- Training possibilities (on-line and in-person);
- Great work-life balance;
- Competitive salaries and advantages;
- Gym on site;
- Team activities;
- Cafeteria service;
- Free parking and coffee.
- Position: Permanent
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Indemnities: To be discussed
- Work schedule: 40 hours/week, flexible
- Place of work: 1241 Cascades St., Chateauguay, Quebec, Canada J6J 4Z2
- Must be available for an in-person interview in Chateauguay, Quebec.
Can't wait to hear from you
Come create with us, email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.