Visual Knowledge ShareApply Now
VKS is seeking a talented, passionate, roll-up-your-sleeves, hands-on Front-End Web Developer.
As a team member, you will participate in the creation and maintenance of a dynamic front-end Web application. Our team works at a fast pace on an awesome product that is constantly evolving and improving so we're looking for someone who can pick things up quickly. Your job will be dynamic, interesting and challenging. We have a passionate and dedicated team, and offer a respectful and healthy work environment.
- Develop and maintain clean, efficient, secure, and well-engineered front-end code that conforms with accepted standards.
- Create beautiful and effective responsive UIs.
- Create and maintain functionality in a Node.js server that communicates with external devices (e.g. IoT devices, remote DBs, etc.).
- Implement current design trends in UI/UX work.
- Add and maintain proper code level documentation
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with team members.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process and software improvements and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Identify new technologies that can improve product development and the user experience.
- Build and maintain unit tests.
- Ensure that customer issues and technology failures are detected, isolated, and resolved rapidly, and prevented from happening again.
- Create and adhere to timelines for multiple projects and stakeholders.
Skills & Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience developing rich, large-scale web applications.
- Significant experience with technologies like ECMAScript 6/7, TypeScript, React, Redux, Jest (or alternatives), Sass, Node.js, and Webpack.
- Experience with Web Services and REST.
- Experience with GitHub or an equivalent source management system.
- Experience in user analysis, usability testing requirements analysis, and functional specifications.
- Experience creating mobile/tablet-friendly interfaces.
- Knowledge of SVG, Ant-Design, Express, Koa, etc.
- Knowledge of all modern browser types and their various idiosyncrasies.
- Prior experience in a LAMP development environment.
- Significant web design experience taking projects from concept to code to market.
- Experience with collaboration tools like Google Docs and Jira.
- Strong understanding of web standards, accessibility and best practices.
- Have detail-oriented and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently while participating actively in an Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Strong organization skills, self-motivated, team player, multi-tasking capability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be fluent in both French and English.
- You are satisfied only when things are perfect.
- It's a plus if you also have experience with…
- Redux Saga
- Task automation tools like Grunt or Gulp
- PHP (Symfony, Laravel, Zend, ...)
What other companies call this role:
- Front-End Developer
- Front End Programmer
- Full Stack Developer
Location: Chateauguay, Quebec
Start date: As soon as possible
Indemnities: To be discussed
Work Schedule: 40 hours/week, flexible
Can’t wait to hear from you
Come create with us, email your resume to: email@example.com.
Benefits of working with VKS
- Health Care Insurance
- Indoor Gym
- Workout classes (Bootcamp, Yoga, Spinning, etc.)
- Certified personal trainer & kinesiologist
- Health check up: Blood testing, vaccination etc.
- Beach volleyball court
- Team building activities
- Sport activities such as hockey or badminton
- And more....