Visual Knowledge Share Ltd is looking for a PHP Developer to accelerate the development of the VKS software suite. As an active member of the VKS team, you will be called upon to create and improve the software's features and fix bugs.
We are looking for a motivated, hard-working, resourceful individual who has strong analytical and conceptual skills, communication and interpersonal skills, and is also a strong team player. Your work will be dynamic and stimulating, and will be done in a respectful and healthy work environment.
- Develop and maintain clean, efficient, secure, and well-engineered back-end code that conforms with accepted standards;
- Produce detailed specifications for each new feature or enhancement;
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with team members;
- Proactively identify opportunities for process and software improvements and make constructive suggestions for change;
- Identify new technologies that can improve product development and the user experience;
- Work closely with databases;
- Build and maintain unit tests;
- Design and create web services for front-end use and integration with other systems;
- Ensure that customer issues and technology failures are detected, isolated, and resolved rapidly, and prevented from happening again;
- Create and adhere to timelines for multiple projects and stakeholders.
- College diploma or a bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or a related field;
- 2 or more years of experience developing rich web applications;
- Advanced level coding skills in PHP;
- Experience with one or more modern back-end frameworks, such as Symfony, Laravel, Zend, CakePHP, etc.;
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment;
- Good database skills and experience with MySQL or similar DBMS;
- Experience with XML, Web Services and REST;
- Good Linux experience (we mainly use Ubuntu and CentOS);
- Experience in reading and writing functional specifications;
- Experience with GitHub or equivalent code repositories;
- Experience with collaboration tools, such as Confluence, Jira, and Google Docs;
- Experience building multilingual applications;
- Professional proficiency in French and English, both oral and written;
- It's a plus if you also have experience with…
- Concept of Test Driven Design (TDD)
- Concept with extreme programming (or peer programming)
- Have a sense of initiative, and be self-directed and self-motivated;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work on several projects at the same time;
- Ability and willingness to learn other technologies and new ways of doing things;
- Ability to adapt and master a mix of rapidly changing environments;
- Ability to work independently or in a team;
- Be a good negotiator while keeping an open mind;
- Be critical while being constructive;
- Pay attention to details (visual, functional, and others) and be able to suggest corrections or improvements;
- Be organized and know how to manage your time well;
- Demonstrates responsibility and commitment;
- Have a positive attitude.
What we offer
- Knowledgeable and highly-skilled team;
- Training possibilities (on-line and in-person);
- Great work-life balance;
- Competitive salaries and advantages;
- Gym on site;
- Team activities;
- Cafeteria service;
- Free parking and coffee.
- Position: Permanent
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Indemnities: To be discussed
- Work schedule: 40 hours/week, flexible
- Place of work: 1241 Cascades St., Chateauguay, Quebec, Canada J6J 4Z2
- Must be available for an in-person interview in Chateauguay, Quebec.
Can't wait to hear from you
Come create with us, email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.