Software Automation Developer - South Shore, Montreal
Visual Knowledge ShareApply Now
We are looking for a Software Automation Developer to join our rapidly growing team of professionals. As an Automation Developer, your principal task will be to implement tools, systems, and processes for software development, testing, and deployment. You will play a key role in the team, seeing that the items you develop will be used by all other developers, testers, and installation specialists.
Your mission… If you choose to accept it.
Take charge of automating internal processes.
- Design, implement and maintain build processes;
- Design, implement and maintain automated deployment (installation) processes;
- Design, implement and maintain Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines;
- Collaborate with development team to set up automated testing procedures;
- Design, implement and maintain a platform for the development team to validate (test) code changes prior to merging code branches;
- Automate monitoring and alerting of metrics.
Improve solution delivery to customers.
- Improve the packaging, delivery and installation strategies and processes of software builds at customer sites;
- Design, implement and maintain tools for generating and tracking software builds.
Provide assistance with server-related issues at customer sites.
- Actively provide support to internal and external stakeholders;
- Provide a high standard of assistance to our customers’ technical teams;
- Ensure the proper tracking of technical events on the systems through ZenDesk and Jira.
Who you are
Your work experience:
- 2 years work experience in a similar position;
- System administration experience on Linux and Windows.
- Degree or diploma in computer science or a related field;
- Expert level knowledge of Linux (CentOS, Red Hat) and command line tools;
- Hands-on development experience in scripting;
- Knowledgeable on Windows servers;
- Good understanding of networking and security.
Your software and technical experience:
- Experienced with scripting (e.g. Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, Go, etc.);
- Experienced with SCM systems (e.g. GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket, etc.);
- Experienced with Jira and Confluence;
- Experienced with LAMP stack;
Nice to haves:
- Experienced with DevOps technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, etc.);
- Experienced with VMware ESXi, and other virtualization platforms;
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tooling and processes;
- Experienced with load balancing, clustering, high availability and disaster recovery.
- Experience in integration with Git, Jira, and Jenkins.
What you're good at
- Written and oral communications in both English and French (bilingual proficiency required);
- Analysing and solving problems;
- Being a self-starter;
- Collaborating with the team;
- Organization and planning;
- Taking part in office life;
- Being autonomous and dynamic.
Why you want to work here
- Knowledgeable and highly-skilled team;
- Great work-life balance;
- Competitive salaries and advantages;
- Gym on site;
- Team activities;
- Cafeteria service;
- Free coffee.
- Position: Permanent
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Indemnities: To be discussed
- Work schedule: 40 hours/week, flexible
- Place of work: 1241 Cascades St., Chateauguay, Quebec, Canada J6J 4Z2
Can’t wait to hear from you
Come create with us, email your resume to: email@example.com.
Benefits of working with VKS
- Health Care Insurance
- Indoor Gym
- Workout classes (Bootcamp, Yoga, Spinning, etc.)
- Certified personal trainer & kinesiologist
- Health check up: Blood testing, vaccination etc.
- Beach volleyball court
- Team building activities
- Sport activities such as hockey or badminton
- And more....