VKS is seeking a talented, passionate, roll-up-your-sleeves, hands-on Client Solution Developer.
As a team member, you will participate in the creation and maintenance of various customer-driven API integrations. You will be involved in projects from start to finish; from gathering requirements and formalizing them into detailed SOWs (Statements of work), to designing, implementing, deploying and supporting them. You will also be a part of a team working to develop, manage and architect scalable integration solutions that further VKS' strategic goals. The ideal candidate will also be a critical-thinking, self-starter who enjoys working in diverse technology environments. We have a passionate and dedicated team, and offer a respectful and healthy work environment.
- Design and develop API integrations based on customer needs and preferences;
- Develop mapping of various source and target data types (database, flat file, JSON, XML) with various transport mechanisms (SQL, REST HTTPS, SOAP, etc.);
- Collaborate with customer success teams and developers on new customer set-ups;
- Organize and manage Customer meetings and expectations;
- Provide defect analysis and resolution support for system and user acceptance testing;
- Develop and maintain API specifications for various clients for process flows and API transactions;
- Support customers on the usage of the API;
- Create data extraction, cleansing and formatting scripts;
- Document custom logic specific for individual integrations;
- Develop and maintain a clean, efficient, secure, and well-engineered code that conforms with accepted standards;
- Build and maintain unit tests;
- Ensure that customer issues and technology failures are detected, isolated, and resolved rapidly, and prevented from happening again;
- Create and adhere to timelines for multiple projects and stakeholders.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- 2+ years of experience working with RESTful APIs;
- 1+ year of experience working directly with customers and gathering requirements;
- Good knowledge of Linux (CentOS, Red Hat) and Windows;
- Expert level skills in C# and Java;
- Experience working with different types of databases, such as MySQL, SQL Server, ElasticSearch, etc.;
- Experience working with API testing tools, like Postman;
- Experience working with SDKs and modern frameworks (and possibly even created your own);
- Expert knowledge of OpenAPI (3.x) and JSON Schemas;
- Significant Web design experience taking projects from concept to code to market (users);
- Experience with GitHub or equivalent source management system;
- Experience in data mapping and transformation using modern integration platforms;
- Strong organization skills and multi-tasking capability;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Be fluent in English (French optional);
- Willing to travel.
Start date: As soon as possible
Indemnities: To be discussed
Work schedule: 40 hours/week, flexible
Place of work: 1241 Cascades St., Chateauguay, Quebec, Canada J6J 4Z2
Can’t wait to hear from you
Come create with us, email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.