Visual Knowledge Share Ltd (VKS) is looking for a Technical Function Analyst to accelerate the development of the VKS software suite. As an active member of the VKS team, you will be called upon to translate customer demands and needs into executable specifications and support the development and quality assurance teams in relation to those requirements. To succeed, you must have very good knowledge of enterprise level Web applications and their challenges.
We are looking for a motivated, hard-working, resourceful individual who has strong analytical
and conceptual skills, communication and interpersonal skills, and is also a strong team player.
Your work will be dynamic and stimulating, and will be done in a respectful and healthy work
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary: To be discussed
Work schedule: Full-Time, flexible
- 1241 Cascades St., Chateauguay, Quebec, Canada J6J 4Z2
- Remote work in within Canada available
Your Role & Responsibilities
- Perform gathering, documentation and maintenance of business requirements, including
work flow analysis and process engineering.
- Write functional and technical specification documents.
- Write clear, concise, consistent User Stories which accurately decompose high-level
concepts and requirements into detailed, workable deliverables.
- Constructs workflow diagrams, data flow diagrams, data modeling, and system models.
- Provide detailed clarification of business requirements to developers, quality assurance
engineers, product owners, etc. throughout the development cycle.
- Collaborate on the development of user acceptance test plans and support their execution to ensure that requirements and quality objectives are satisfied for product owners.
- Participate in the grooming of the product backlog.
- Assist quality assurance engineers during functional, integrated, and acceptance tests.
- Communicate all functional changes to the technical writer so they can be incorporated
in the user manual and release notes.
- College diploma or a bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or a related field;
- 3+ years experience in a similar position.
- Previous software development experience.
- Experience gathering requirements and creating documentation from requirements.
- Experience with UML and entity-relation modelization.
- Experience with designing wireframes and workflows.
- Experience with designing REST and API endpoints.
- Experience with using and designing SQL databases.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience with Jira or any ticketing/work management system.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Have a sense of initiative.
- Be self-directed and self-motivated.
- Strong time management skills.
- Have good negotiation and presentation skills to work with development and business
- Demonstrate responsibility and commitment
- Be proficient in French and English, both oral and written.
Who we are
VKS is a leading Industry 4.0 software company that provides a web platform for sharing
interactive work instructions and business intelligence for any industry. Leveraging the power of
visual learning, VKS helps companies convert their standard operating procedures into a
paperless step-by-step form, complete with images, videos, annotations, documents, etc.
At VKS, we value our customers, innovating with purpose, and providing a healthy work-life
balance, with a large emphasis on employee health and wellness. We offer many fun activities
ranging from beach volleyball, to bootcamp and yoga classes. We also offer employees the
option to work remotely, work in the office, or a combination of both. If your values match ours,
we would love to meet you!
What We Offer
- Knowledgeable and highly-skilled team;
- Training possibilities (on-line and in-person);
- Great work-life balance;
- Competitive salaries and advantages;
- Medical Benefits;
- Gym on site;
- Team activities & Happy Hours
- Sports Leagues;
- Cafeteria service;
- Free parking and coffee.
What other companies call this role
- Business Analyst
- Technology Analyst
- Solutions Analyst
- Software Engineering Analyst
- Software Architect
Can't wait to hear from you
Come create with us, email your resume to: email@example.com.