Visual Knowledge Share Ltd is looking for a functional analyst to accelerate the development of the VKS software suite. As an active member of the VKS team, you will be called upon to translate customer demands and needs into executable specifications and support the development and quality assurance teams in relation to those requirements. To succeed, you must have very good knowledge of enterprise level Web applications and their challenges
We are looking for a motivated, hard-working, resourceful individual who has strong analytical and conceptual skills, communication and interpersonal skills, and is also a strong team player. Your work will be dynamic and stimulating, and will be done in a respectful and healthy work environment.
- Collect the functional application requirements from product owners and customers;
- Propose solutions that take into account business needs, the current/future architecture, existing applications, their costs, and their impacts on customers and processes;
- Write functional specifications (mainly in Jira and Confluence tools);
- Define UI wireframes and workflows;
- Define REST calls according to established standards;
- Produce data modeling;
- Present / animate requirement gathering and specification grooming sessions with customers, product managers, and development teams;
- Write functional test cases;
- Manage product backlogs and document stories according to the Scrum / Agile project philosophy in the Jira tool;
- Participate in the breakdown and estimation of planned stories in terms of time and resources;
- Ensure that the business needs and the functional needs expressed are in line with the demands and expectations of all stakeholders;
- Follow up with developers on issues or concerns related to the specifications;
- Follow up on quality control;
- Assist quality assurance specialists during functional, integrated, and acceptance tests;
- Communicate the functional changes to the technical writer so that she can update the user manual and include the changes in the release notes.
- College diploma or a bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or a related field;
- At least 5 years experience in a similar position;
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment;
- Masters the concepts of object-oriented programming;
- Experience with REST architecture and microservices;
- Experience with UML and entity-relation modelization;
- Experience with SQL databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, etc.);
- Experience with documentation tools (e.g. LucidChart, Confluence, Google Docs, Jira, OpenAPI 3, etc.);
- Professional proficiency in French and English, both oral and written;
- Experience with production processes in the manufacturing sector or e-learning technologies would be an asset.
- Have a sense of initiative, and be self-directed and self-motivated;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work on several projects at the same time;
- Ability and willingness to learn other technologies and new ways of doing things;
- Ability to adapt and master a mix of rapidly changing environments;
- Ability to work independently or in a team;
- Be a good negotiator while keeping an open mind;
- Be critical while being constructive;
- Pay attention to details (visual, functional, and others) and be able to suggest corrections or improvements;
- Be organized and know how to manage your time well;
- Demonstrates responsibility and commitment;
- Have a positive attitude.
What We Offer
- Knowledgeable and highly-skilled team;
- Annual pass to the Confoo conference (other training possibilities are also available);
- Great work-life balance;
- Competitive salaries and advantages;
- Gym on site;
- Team activities;
- Cafeteria service;
- Free parking and coffee.
- Position: Permanent
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Indemnities: To be discussed
- Work schedule: 40 hours/week, flexible
- Place of work: 1241 Cascades St., Chateauguay, Quebec, Canada J6J 4Z2
- Must be available for an in-person interview in Chateauguay, Quebec.
Can't wait to hear from you
Come create with us, email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.