Visual Knowledge Share Ltd (VKS) is looking for a Junior PHP Developer to beef up its backend development team and accelerate the development of the VKS software suite. As an active member of the VKS team, you will be called upon to create and improve the software's features and fix bugs.
We are looking for a motivated, hard-working, resourceful individual who has strong analytical and conceptual skills, communication and interpersonal skills, and is also a strong team player. Your work will be dynamic and stimulating, and will be done in a respectful and healthy work environment.
- Position: Part-time or permanent
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Indemnities: To be discussed
- Work schedule: Part-time position is 20 hours a week, permanent position is 40 hours/week, flexible
- Place of work:
- 1241 Cascades St., Chateauguay, Quebec, Canada J6J 4Z2
- Remote work within Canada available
Your Role & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain clean, efficient, secure, and well-engineered back-end code that conforms with accepted standards;
- Produce detailed specifications for each new feature or enhancement;
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with team members;
- Proactively identify opportunities for process and software improvements and make constructive suggestions for change
- Identify new technologies that can improve product development and the user experience;
- Build and maintain unit tests;
- Design and create web services for front-end use and integration with other systems;
- Ensure that customer issues and technology failures are detected, isolated, and resolved rapidly, and prevented from happening again;
- Create and adhere to timelines for multiple projects and stakeholders.
- College diploma or a bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or a related field;
- 6 or more months of experience developing PHP-based applications;
- Experience using with one or more modern back-end frameworks, such as Symfony, Laravel, Zend, CakePHP;
- Good database skills and experience with MySQL or similar DBMS;
- Experience using Linux (we mainly use Ubuntu and CentOS);
- Experience with GitHub or equivalent code repositories;
- Experience using APIs;
- Professional proficiency in French and English, both oral and written;
- Knowledge of Agile / Scrum;
- It's a plus if you also have experience with…
- Collaboration tools, such as Confluence, Jira, and Google Docs;
- Concept of Test Driven Design (TDD)
- Have a sense of initiative, and be self-directed and self-motivated;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work on several projects at the same time;
- Ability and willingness to learn other technologies and new ways of doing things;
- Ability to adapt and master a mix of rapidly changing environments;
- Ability to work independently or in a team;
- Be a good negotiator while keeping an open mind;
- Be critical while being constructive;
- Pay attention to details (visual, functional, and others) and be able to suggest corrections or improvements;
- Be organized and know how to manage your time well;
- Demonstrates responsibility and commitment;
- Have a positive attitude.
Who we are
VKS is a leading Industry 4.0 software company that provides a web platform for sharing interactive work instructions and business intelligence for any industry. Leveraging the power of visual learning, VKS helps companies convert their standard operating procedures into a paperless step-by-step form, complete with images, videos, annotations, documents, etc.
At VKS, we value our customers, innovating with purpose, doing things the right way the first time, and providing a healthy work-life balance, with a large emphasis on employee health and wellness. We offer many fun activities ranging from beach volleyball, to bootcamp and yoga classes. If your values match ours, we would love to meet you!
What we offer
- Knowledgeable and highly-skilled team;
- Training possibilities (on-line and in-person);
- Great work-life balance;
- Competitive salaries and advantages;
- Medical benefits;
- On-site gym;
- Team activities & Happy Hours;
- Sports Leagues;
- Cafeteria service;
- Free parking and coffee.
Can't wait to hear from you!
Come create with us, email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.