Visual Knowledge Share Ltd (VKS) is looking for an Automated Test Developer to accelerate the testing of the VKS software suite. As an active member of the VKS team, you will be called upon to create, improve, and maintain all automated tests.
We are looking for a motivated, hard-working, resourceful individual who has excellent investigative and troubleshooting skills, communication and interpersonal skills, and is also a strong team player. Your work will be dynamic and stimulating, and will be done in a respectful and healthy work environment.
- Position status:Permanent
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Salary: To be discussed
- Work schedule: Full-time, flexible
- 1241 rue des Cascades, Châteauguay, Québec, Canada J6J 4Z2
- Remote work within Quebec available
- Collaborate with the QA & Dev teams to design and implement the necessary tools for test automation, which can support component-level testing as well as full-blown system-level end to end regression testing;
- Analyze the functional requirements of upcoming features to plan and develop the automated tests that cover the main test cases;
- Interpret functional requirements to plan and develop automated tests and data validations;
- Report problems/defects and improvement ideas in Jira;
- Follow up on reported issues;
- Apply quality assurance best practices;
- Produce test reports and KPIs that confirm coverage and identify pass/fail results;
- Setup and maintain various test environments;
- Identify automated test cases that in Testrail;
- Ensure that all deliverables meet quality objectives in functionality, performance, stability, security, accessibility and data quality.
- Provide feedback into the software's design so the Dev team produce a more test-friendly product;
- Provide work breakdown and estimates (times, resources) for tasks on agreed scope and development milestones in order to meet overall project timelines.
- A college or bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent technology discipline;
- 1 year of experience in Java programming and QA test automation;
- Experience using test automation tools, like Selenium and Jmeter;
- Experience in developing and maintaining automated test suites;
- Experience using tools such as GitHub, Docker, Jenkins and Postman.
- Experience with SQL databases (MySQL, PostGreSQL, etc.);
- Experience with collaboration tools, such as Confluence, Jira, and Google Docs;
- Good Linux experience (we mainly use Ubuntu and CentOS);
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment;
- Professional proficiency in French and English, both oral and written.
- It's a plus if you also have experience with…
- Have a sense of initiative, and be self-directed and self-motivated;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work on several projects at the same time;
- Ability and willingness to learn other technologies and new ways of doing things;
- Ability to adapt and master a mix of rapidly changing environments;
- Ability to work independently or in a team;
- Be a good negotiator while keeping an open mind;
- Be critical while being constructive;
- Pay attention to details (visual, functional, and others) and be able to suggest corrections or improvements;
- Be organized and know how to manage your time well;
- Demonstrates responsibility and commitment;
- Have a positive attitude.
Who we are
VKS is a leading Industry 4.0 software company that provides a web platform for sharing interactive work instructions and business intelligence for any industry. Leveraging the power of visual learning, VKS helps companies convert their standard operating procedures into a paperless step-by-step form, complete with images, videos, annotations, documents, and more.
At VKS, we value our customers, innovating with purpose, and providing a healthy work-life balance, with a large emphasis on employee health and wellness. We offer many fun activities ranging from beach volleyball, to bootcamp and yoga classes. We also offer employees the option to work remotely, work in the office, or a combination of both. If your values match ours, we would love to meet you!
What we offer
- Knowledgeable and highly-skilled team;
- Training possibilities (on-line and in-person);
- Great work-life balance;
- Competitive salaries and advantages;
- Medical Benefits;
- Gym on site;
- Team activities & Happy Hours;
- Sports Leagues;
- Cafeteria service;
- Free parking and coffee.
What other companies call this Job
- Quality Assurance Automated Tester
- Automated Software Tester
Can't wait to hear from you
Come create with us, email your resume to: email@example.com.